3 Sheeps Brewing is hiring a full-time QA/QC Technician to join our rapidly expanding production team! This vital role will be responsible for the overall quality of the beer at every stage of the production process. To be successful in the role, the QA/QC Technician will use data driven decision making for tasks like root cause analysis, yeast scheduling, final beer testing and overall process improvement.
- Daily sampling throughout the brewery including cellars and packaging areas
- Preparation of media and sterile plating
- Microscopic analysis of microbial growth
- Yeast cell counting, viability testing, propagation, and management
- Operation and maintenance of lab equipment including density meter, microscope, spectrophotometer, pH meters, dissolved oxygen meter, micro incubators, alcolizer, autoclave and centrifuge.
- Packaging quality sampling and testing, for bottling, canning and kegging. Including TPO, CO2, volumes and micro sampling.
- Generation of all brewery data from the same equipment
- Accurate record keeping and report generation
- Environmental sampling
- Conduct sensory panels and sensory training programs
- Troubleshooting production and packaging related quality issues, root cause analysis
- Order lab supplies, maintain cleanliness of lab
- BS degree in a related science: Chemistry, Fermentation, Food Science, Microbiology, etc.
- 2-4 years experience in a testing laboratory (brewing industry experience strongly preferred)
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail, and adherence to protocols
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Sterile plate technique and microbiology experience
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- PTO + Holidays
- 401K with match coming by end of 2021
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com