3 Sheeps Brewing Company
Director of Brewing Operations
We are looking for an energetic and driven person with a commitment to handling aggressive growth to work with our founder to help push this brewery forward and reach its full potential.
Located just north of Milwaukee, in the craft beer loving community of Sheboygan County, 3 Sheeps Brewing has quickly expanding year after year. We have the capacity to triple our volume to 30,000bbls before further construction is required. Combined with our robust barrel aging program and vibrant taproom, we are eager and hungry to continue growing and creating great craft beer.
We are looking for someone to join us and work closely with our team to lead the production side of the brewery. We have plenty of room to grow within our current facility and are looking for the right individual to help take us from being a microbrewery to a regional brewery. We are driven at 3 Sheeps Brewing to continue to make great beer and grow quickly. This person must share the same drive.
Director of Brewing Operations
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILIITES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Lead all day-to-day brewing and packaging activities necessary to produce high quality, consistent beer.
- Hold self and brewers accountable for adhering to SOPs and maintaining a sanitary and micro-biologically stable work environment.
- Continual focus on improving current processes.
- Vetting, hiring, training and management of all production staff.
- Develop performance and productivity metrics for all production areas and hold team members accountable for achieving these goals.
- Manage the work environment that is safe for all employees and visitors implementing procedures, conducting trainings, and addressing safety issues.
- Manage brewhouse operations, including utilities, raw materials, safety, personnel and training and maintenance
- Manage / conduct quality checks, process audits of brewery to ensure adherence to quality standards
- Coordination of brewing schedule and new product development needs to meet the needs of our distributors, local sales, in-house sales, and festival needs
- Ensure compliance with all Alcohol and Tobacco, Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) standards and required documentation
- Assist as needed with production including brewing, cellaring, packaging, cleaning, organizing and any other ordinary brewery task and provide hands on relief of all positions as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 5+ years of experience in a production brewery of 15,000 or more bbls production per year
- 10+ years in the brewing industry
- 3+ years in a management or supervisory position
- Previous experience with ERP software such as EKOS or similar software
- Experience using centrifuge and packaging equipment at speeds over 90 cpm/bpm
- Solid / proven knowledge of the craft beer and brewing industry.
- Excellent leadership skills with the proven ability to lead and motivate a team and maintain a positive morale in the workforce.
- An understanding of Laboratory Operations / Quality Control procedures.
3 Sheeps Brewing offers a competitive compensation package, benefits including health insurance, dental, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off. Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.