We are growing at an incredible pace, having recently moved into a new 30,000sq foot production facility, built a taproom, and undergone a massive re-branding. We have the equipment, a great location, and a community thirsty for our beer, and we're poised to enter new markets and continue to grow. Our brewing team is tight-knit and operates more like a family than co-workers. We work hard -- very hard -- but we also take time to enjoy the fruits of our labor, drink good beer, and spend time with our families.
The ideal candidate is a hard worker who is committed, passionate about making great beer and interested in working with us as we grow. We have everything we need to become a great packaging brewery, and this individual is going to be integral in helping us keep the beer flowing.
Summary Of The Lead Brewer Position
Primary responsibilities include overseeing all brewing operations for 3 Sheeps Brewing Company. This individual will also play an active role in product development, promotes the 3 Sheeps brand in various mediums, and participates in a wide range of community, business, and media events.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of 3 Sheeps Brewing Facility
- Raw Materials Inventory
- Wort Production
- Yeast handing (collection, propagation)
- Clean, sanitize, and operate centrifuge
- Fermentation and Aging monitoring
- Quality assurance, quality control testing, and lab work
- Maintenance and Sanitation
- New beer development
- Support cellar and bottling operation
- Festival and competition participation
- Must be willing to pitch in on tasks outside your key responsibilities
- Must have a great work ethic and attitude
- Must be able to appreciate beer without personal abuse-related problems
LAB DUTIES TO INCLUDE
- Perform physical, chemical, and microbiological analyses of raw materials, in-process beer, finished beer, and packaging materials
- Prepare stock solutions and media plates
- Perform routine sampling at various process stages
- Perform regular calibration and cleaning of lab equipment
- Assist in maintaining the sensory program
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years in a professional brewing capacity, with accompanying understanding and experience of brewing and manufacturing/production systems and equipment, processes, materials flow.
- A Bachelors degree in Life Sciences (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related field) is preferred
- Prior experience in a production laboratory is a plus
- A degree or certification in brewing science preferred.
- A bachelors or associate degree in sciences, engineering, or other related course work.
- 1+ year of supervisory and human resource management skills, preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems regarding product and/or equipment.
- Strong verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact well with the public.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task.
- Ability to work flexible hours – whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Knowledge of safety processes including hazardous materials.
- This position is extremely physical and demanding in nature and involves working with potentially dangerous equipment, machinery, exposure to high noise levels, and handling of hazardous materials.
- Stands and/or traverses brewery for long periods of time.
- Frequently bends, moves, transports, or lifts 60 pounds and move 165 pounds safely.
- Use repetitive motions when brewing.
To apply, please send your cover letter (with salary requirement), and resume to: email@example.com